In addition to our beautiful Kootenay Lake accommodation options, Wing Creek Resort offers guest access to:
The Wing Creek Retreat Centre
The Retreat Centre offers guests a beautiful timber frame space to relax and enjoy free Wi-fi internet, yoga mats, games, books and bistro tables on a deck with spectacular views of the cottages, Kootenay Lake and the Purcell Mountains.
The Wing Creek Gallery
The Gallery offers guests the opportunity to experience or purchase the art & crafts of many local artists and artisans. These works change frequently and include exquisite stain glass, multi-media sculpture, wood furniture, etc. Wing Creek Resort participates in the annual Kaslo Art Walk and the Columbia Basin Culture Tour.
The Gift Shop and office offers guests concierge services, area brochures, beach towels, books & games or even the ability to borrow an acoustic guitar to serenade your sweetheart.
We feature a range of art and crafts hand-made by local artists and artisans to enhance your Kootenay experience or to send you home with a reminder to return to this beautiful area soon.
A sample of some of our Gift Shop items:
- Organic Wing Creek Jams & Jellies – All of our jams and jellies are hand-made from 100% organic fruit grown exclusively here in the Wing Creek orchard and contain no preservatives.
- Beeswax Candles – Beeswax candles made of 100% pure beeswax are handcrafted by Honey Candles artisans at Kaslo and shipped all over North America. Available in natural and coloured beeswax and in a range of sizes from pillars and tapers to votives and tealites.
- Incense – Jin Sticks Incense is premium quality incense, hand-dipped by Honey Candles artisans. Natural essential oils and fragranced carrier oils are used to create this high quality, long-burning product. Ash catchers also available.
- Soaps – Handcrafted soaps by Kaslo’s Back Dirt Road featuring a wide range of scents from floral to floral and from fresh to earthy. Lotions also now available.
- Wood Turnings – Candle holders and cutting boards beautifully hand-crafted using maple, cherry, walnut and a variety of exotic woods.
- Rock Sculpture – Talented artisan Frank Bitonti is most often inspired to create a wide variety of trees and bears.
- Art – Colour and black & white photographs of local scenery and wildlife by photographers Kevin Hoffart, Jeremy Melchior, Daphne Hunter and Jim Lawrence. Watercolours, acrylics and chalks by a variety of local artists. Framed and unframed originals.
- Art Cards – Colour and black & white photographic art cards of local scenery and wildlife plus original watercolour art cards, complete with envelopes to help you share your memories.
All buildings at Wing Creek feature unique timber frame architecture, crafted with precise care and attention to detail by local craftsmen, blacksmiths and artisans.